Ecochlor is growing! As part of our expansion, Ecochlor is offering two exciting opportunities to join the sales team as a Regional Business Development Manager. We are seeking two strategic, results-driven sales professionals with significant experience in the maritime industry to build our Japan and Northern Europe regional offices.
Purpose: The Regional Business Development Manager (RBDM) will report directly to the Vice President of Business Development and will provide leadership and assume accountability for the performance of multiple Sales Agents in the assigned Region. They are responsible for the financial and operational results for all business functions of the Region, adhering to company values and policies, and satisfaction of all stakeholders.
The RBDM is responsible for the development of an annual strategic plan, in conjunction with regional Sales Agents and the Corporate office. They will assist in determining targets for each location; participate in strategic planning, improvement initiatives, and operational reviews as needed, providing good suggestions and follow through on action items.
The RBDM will ensure a high level of customer satisfaction as measured by customer surveys, feedback from customer events and interactions, and random customer contact and take effective action to resolve any customer issues that occur.
- Responsible for guiding all business development for the assigned region based on targeted goals.
- Provide support to local sales agents by follow up calls and meetings as necessary.
- Provide customer and other agent support as necessary.
- Prospect, qualify, and close new customers within the region that meet the company’s targeted objectives.
- Provide customer maintenance calls and anticipate contract/ rate negotiations as needed.
- Perform maintenance calls, both face to face and by phone to ensure the relationship with customers and local sales agents are solid and growing.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years well rounded experience in the maritime industry.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required.
- Previous people management experience required.
- Ability to professionally lead, develop, and motivate others.
- Solid analytical, business planning, financial, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications, such as Netsuite and Sharepoint.
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends.
- Ability to travel to company meetings, conferences and training events as needed.
Japan Regional Business Manager
Fluency in English and Japanese required.
Northern Europe Regional Business Manager
Fluency in German or Scandic languages preferred.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.