At Ecochlor, we have undertaken a commitment to serving our clients well beyond BWMS industry expectations and we stand fast in our efforts to provide the very highest standards in support of our clients’ operations.
Ecochlor is proud to announce the first ballast water management system (BWMS) compliance guarantee for the marine industry. EcoCare™ is our guarantee of system efficacy (as it pertains to system performance and treatment of ballast water for invasive species). The company pledges our BWMS (when operated per the manufacturer’s specified guidelines) will always perform to the standards established by the IMO, USCG and individual U.S. states. Furthermore, this guarantee not only mitigates risk, but it will provide our clients with the assurance they are investing in the best system available today and into the future.
The Ecochlor® Ballast Water Management System (BWMS) provides an efficient, environmentally superior BWMS solution complying with all enacted and proposed invasive species standards and regulations. EcoCare™ makes the investment in an Ecochlor BWMS sensible and responsible and is the guarantee that when using an Ecochlor system, your vessels’ ballast water will never fail an invasive species test.
What type of guarantee is EcoCareTM?
- EcoCare™ is a multifaceted guarantee.
- First, the guarantee ensures regulatory compliance with IMO, USCG and individual U.S. state standards now and throughout the life of the system.
- Secondly, the guarantee addresses system efficacy as it pertains to treating ballast water for invasive species contamination.
- Lastly, the guarantee insures against financial penalties up to $1,000,000* relating to fines, port charges, delays and off-hire.
Why is chlorine dioxide the best solution?
- Chlorine dioxide is a proven technology and has been in use for industrial and municipal water treatment around the globe for more than 70 years and is highly effective in killing invasive species and other organic organisms.
- The Ecochlor BWMS system uses a patented, two-step treatment process that includes filtration and chlorine dioxide injection which has been fortified for marine use.
- Our technology does not require retreatment or a neutralization process during de-ballasting, making the system well-suited for all vessels, especially those with topside ballast tanks.
How do you/we know the system is performing properly and eliminating invasive species?
- When operated per system specifications, our BWMS will meet, and in most cases exceed, the invasive species standards set by the IMO, USCG and individual U.S. states.
- Ecochlor proactively tracks all ballasting operations with results reported via a Functional Monitoring Data Sheet (FMDS) and other remote monitoring tools.
- We maintain a 24/7 international call center for when crews and operators need to reach out to us for support.
How much does the EcoCareTM guarantee cost the client?
- The EcoCare™ guarantee costs the client nothing!
- EcoCare™ is provided to all clients who purchase an Ecochlor BWMS.
- It signifies our commitment to our clients, confidence in our technology and willingness to support our clients’ operations now and in the future.
* Terms and Conditions Apply